Who We Are
The Lien Centre for Social Innovation at Singapore Management University, a non-profit organisation established in 2006, seeks to be a thought leader and catalyst for positive social change in Singapore, Asia and beyond. Its mission is to catalyse innovative responses to social needs through applied research and capacity building in collaboration with the public, private and social sectors.
The Lien Centre for Social Innovation contributes to a more equitable, inclusive and vibrant society by inspiring novel ways of enhancing capacity in the social sector. We accomplish this in focused ways through knowledge accumulation, pilot project demonstrations, and original investigations that provide an evidenced-based way of showing that social innovation is not only possible, but powerful and sustainable in making long-term paradigm changes.
- We are an agile and progressive idea generator, providing evidence-based insights that revolutionise how society tackles its various unmet social needs.
- We work upstream of social needs to identify root causes, through applied research and aggregation of experiences within the social sector, and attempt to address them at the source.
- We enhance our influence, impact and visibility by fostering relevant and strong alliances locally, regionally and internationally.
- As part of our work to further the praxis for social change, we develop progressive research and capacity-building programmes that shape mainstream policy approaches and inform organisational processes.
- We are strategically positioned for our research to have a three-fold impact trajectory across the private, public and social sectors.