DBS Business For Impact Internship Programme
Social entrepreneurs are transforming the business landscape by building viable, self-sustaining businesses with social and environmental missions. The Business for Impact Internship Programme will challenge you to do business differently – to apply principles of marketing, business and management, in tackling pressing social and environmental issues, such as food wastage, access to water in the region, elderly care and others. You will intern at innovative local social enterprises at the forefront of tackling such issues.
The internship positions are administered under the DBS Business For Impact Internship Programme, and the programme is a collaboration between SMU Lien Centre for Social Innovation and DBS Foundation. Interns selected for this programme will receive a competitive stipend during their 10 weeks internship period. The internship will be any 10 weeks between 9 May 2022 - 14 August 2022.
What's it like working at a social enterprise?
How does it differ from working in a corporate office - or is there even a difference? Two SMU undergraduates share their experiences.
What You Will Gain:
1. Develop Leadership: Work closely with the founder or senior managment of your host company
2. Achieve More: Learn to balance the financial and social impact goals of a business
3. Embrace Change: Be surrounded by innovation and learn how to solve problems in creative ways
Please submit all application latest by 11 March 2022.
Shortlisting and interviews will commence the week of 21 March 2022 - Please make sure you are available for interview.
Note: If you are a student with SOA, SOL or SCIS –This internship will not qualify to meet your mandatory internship requirement. Thus apply only if you have already fulfilled the mandatory internship requirement under your respective degree. This internship is not open to Year 1 students from SOA, SOL and SCIS.
How To Apply:
Login to your SMU OnTRAC Account and search for 'Lien Centre for Social Innovation'. You will see a list of available positions with [DBS] in the title. Please note that this programme is only open to SMU undergraduate students.
If you have any questions about the programme, please email liencentre [at] smu.edu.sg.
2022 Participating Social Enterprises:
Applications Open for 2022. Apply now!
- Detailed research of potential partners in India, from local NGOs to government support organisations, social enterprises, private companies and MNCs to scope out potential areas of collaboration with reach52
- Provide a list of potential investors in the region, who would be able to provide strategic value to the reach52 business and leadership team
- Ad hoc assignments such as preparation of marketing materials for investor roadshow, refinement of marketing decks, monitoring impact and outreach of community activities against pre-defined targets
- Attend both physical and telcon meetings together with CEO and COO, take minutes and ensure follow up on action items as discussed with both internal and external stakeholders
Brought to you in partnership with DBS Foundation:
To know how DBS Foundation supports Social Enterprises, please visit dbsfoundation.com